This is Ana Crespo's official blog.

I don't blog often. Most of what is going on in my career can be found through my official FB page and official Twitter account. But, every once in a while you will find something interesting in here. For more information about me and my work, visit my official website. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Celebrating a signed contract!


Today, my critique group celebrated the contract for THE SOCK THIEF (tentative title).  This critique group is another treasure uncovered during the 2013 RMC-SCBWI Annual Conference.  The conference provides a "session" dedicated just to connecting those interested in starting a group.  My friends (yes, we are not just critique group peers) help me improve my stories and send me in the right direction, even when it feels like inspiration has completely abandoned me.  We share ideas, tips, and encouragement.  We grieve every time someone receives a rejection and we celebrate every time there are good news.  Thank you, Shelly Piazza (left), Michelle Lynn Senters (right), and Sharon Darling (not pictured).  You really make my Thursdays special!  Oh, and if you didn't notice, the one in the middle is me.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Ana! You look great - I love your hair (not a very professional comment, sorry.) I look forward to reading my very own copy of The Sock Thief (or whatever the title becomes). Best, Vickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vickie! Me too! Can't wait...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Obrigada, Kathy! Vou te ligar. Beijões...

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! I'm thrilled to join you on this journey, Ana! We have a fantastic critique group, don't we?

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I look forward to reading your message. Please, note that messages will be reviewed (NOT edited) before they are shown on the blog. Thanks for your understanding! Ana